Go to United States flag

CANADA: Federal | First Nations
BC | Alberta | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Newfoundland and Labrador | Northwest Territories | Nova Scotia | Nunavut | Ontario | PEI | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Other Funding


Type of Aid: This program offers grants to homeowners and landlords for improving the accessibility of people’s homes and rental units.
Amount: up to $30,000.
Eligibility Requirements: Homeowners and landlords must be a Yukon resident or Yukon business, they must own the property for proposed modifications, and they must provide documentation for the proposed modifications and proof that the work was completed.
Contact: Yukon Housing Corporation Tel: 867-667-5759

Type of Aid: Loan
Home Ownership Loan:

  • The loan maximum is $360,000.
  • Term and Amortization periods are up to 30 years.
  • No penalties for early payout, lump-sum payments, or increase regular payments.
  • Total debt service ratio maximum (TDSR) of 38%, Gross debt service ratio (GDSR) of 32%.

Home Repair Program:

  • Loan maximum is $35,000
  • The rate is currently 2.4%
  • Term and Amortization periods are up to 12 years.

Home Ownership Loan:

  • Available Yukon wide.
  • Dwelling is inspected and must meet YHC minimum standards.
  • Clients must be first-time homebuyers and ineligible for bank financing.
  • Based on client’s affordability, no subsidy available.

Home Repair Program:

  • Available Yukon-wide on titled property
  • Dwelling must be occupied and at least five years old
  • Based on client’s affordability

Paperwork: http://www.housing.yk.ca/pdf/hop_hrp_application.pdf
Contact: Yukon Housing Corporation Tel: 867-667-5759


Type of Aid: The families of children with disabilities often face extremely high costs, not covered by other medical plans. Patient Care Grants cover some of the costs for therapeutic equipment and prosthetics as well as transportation and accommodation to Easter Seals House. Each year, the Patient Care Grants Program provides financial assistance to many families of children with special needs in BC, the Yukon and the Northwest Territories.
Amount: Varies
Eligibility: Available to families of children with disabilities in BC, Northwest Territories and the Yukon.
Contact: Tel: 604-736-3475
Toll Free: 1-800-818-3666

Return to Canadian Financial Aid Programs Page