British Columbia

Go to United States flag

CANADA: Federal | First Nations
BC | Alberta | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Newfoundland and Labrador | Northwest Territories | Nova Scotia | Nunavut | Ontario | PEI | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Other Funding

 BC Housing Logo | Pacific Community Resources Society

Type of Aid: Grant or Forgivable Loan
Amount: up to $17,500
Eligibility Requirements: Low income seniors or those with disabilities with household assets less than $100,000 who meet the income and housing value limits can have eligible improvements made to their home to improve their ability to live there safely long term. Exceptions may apply for those that qualify for the Federal Disability Tax Credit and for non-status persons living in mobile homes on-reserve. Both homeowners, and tenants in partnership with their landlords can apply.

Eligibility and Application Process
Housing Income Limits
Homeowners Application
Tenant/Landlord Application
Eligible Adaptations/Improvements
Call 604-433-2218 or Toll-Free 1-800-257-7756

Type of Aid: Income Tax Credit
Value: The credit can be shared between eligible residents of the home to a maximum amount of the credit. The maximum amount of the credit is $1,000 per tax year and is calculated as 10% of the qualifying renovation expense (maximum $10,000 in expenses). The credit is a refundable tax credit, which means if the credit is higher than the taxes you owe, you’ll receive the difference as a refund.
Eligibility Requirements:

  • A senior or a family member living with a senior, or
  • A person with a disability or a family member living with a person with a disability (for 2016 and later tax years

CRA More details
Eligible Renovations & Details
Schedule BC(S12) Tax Form
Canada Revenue Agency Help Pages
Toll-Free: 1-800-959-8281


The families of children with disabilities often face extremely high costs, not covered by other medical plans. Patient Care Grants cover some of the costs for therapeutic equipment and prosthetics as well as transportation and accommodation to Easter Seals House.
Each year, the Patient Care Grants Program provides financial assistance to many families of children with special needs in BC, the Yukon and the Northwest Territories.
Type of Aid: Grant
Amount: Varies
Eligibility: Available to families of children with disabilities in BC, Northwest Territories and the Yukon.
Contact: Tel: 604-736-3475
Toll Free: 1-800-818-3666

Return to Canadian Financial Aid Programs Page